McIntosh MC2100, MC2105, MC2300 Input Preamplifier Board (Assembled & Tested)
Click the link below to download the installation guide:
This is a new-production input preamp PCB for the McIntosh MC2100, MC2105, and MC2300 power amplifiers. This board follows the original component layout closely, and no changes were made to the original circuit design.
Includes one board that has been assembled and tested, a thorough installation guide, and a performance specification sheet.
Please do not attempt to install these boards if you are not thoroughly familiar with safely diagnosing, repairing, and testing amplifiers at the component level with test equipment (signal generator, oscilloscope, load, etc.) and a current-limited power supply.
Here are the main differences between this board and the original:
- Hand assembled with high quality components: 1% tolerance 50ppm TCR metal film resistors, Nichicon electrolytic capacitors (UPM in supply filters, UKZ in audio stages), WIMA film capacitors, and new transistors. Robust wiring turrets replace the original hollow posts that wires are soldered to
- All boards are burn-in tested for 24 hours and come with a performance spec sheet
- Thick 2 oz. copper with gold finish (ENIG) and matte black soldermask
- Silkscreen reference designators and symbols on both sides
- All component footprints are sized to fit the original parts. In addition, all axial electrolytic capacitors have footprints for radial parts of various sizes, and both input film caps support two different lead spacings