Multi-section can capacitor replacement kit, 450 V max
Click the link below to download the installation guide
This kit is intended as an easy way to mount new electrolytic capacitors when replacing multi section can capacitors that are around 35 – 38mm in diameter with 46mm mounting hole spacing CTC. These cans are often used in vintage audio and radio equipment, such as McIntosh, Marantz, and Dynaco. This particular version is designed for cans where the negatives of each capacitor are common (“CAN NEG”) and directly tied to chassis ground.
Includes one capacitor mounting board, one spacer board, a hardware kit, and an installation guide. Capacitors are not included.
Capacitors of 5 mm lead spacing with a diameter of 12.5 mm or less are ideal, but larger capacitors with different lead spacings can also be used. Up to 4 different capacitors can be installed. Four extra plated through-holes tied to the outer ground ring are also provided.
A spacer board is included to be inserted between the new capacitors and the mounting board, giving them a flat surface to sit on.
Based on IPC-2221B guidelines, this board is not to be used in circuits that may see peak voltages above 450 V assuming a typical negative-common configuration.
- Board material: FR-4 Kingboard KB-6165F (TG150, CTI >175)
- Board finish: HASL (Lead-free solder), matte black solder mask
- Copper thickness: 2 oz.
- Screw hole spacing: 45.95mm center-to-center
- Screw hole size: 3.5mm (#6-32 machine screw fits snug)
- Wiring/turret hole size: 2.4mm
- Width: 55.39mm
- Length: 37.96mm
- Board thickness: 1.6mm
- Height from surface of mounting board to top of a turret: 7mm
- Spacer board diameter: 27mm
- Spacer board thickness: 2.0mm
- Capacitor lead spacing: 5mm
- Max capacitor diameter: About 12.5mm
- Capacitor lead hole size: 1.2mm
- Diameter of turret’s hole: 1.63mm
If you are interested, please contact us.