Multi-section can capacitor replacement kit, 450 V max
Click the link below to download the installation guide
This kit is intended as an easy way to mount new electrolytic capacitors when replacing approximately 29 mm diameter multi section can capacitors with 37.8 mm mounting hole spacing CTC. This design was modeled after an Astron A-25-65 can. These were often used in vintage audio and radio equipment.
Up to three different caps can be installed, and they all share a common lead located in the center. Both 5 mm and 7.5 mm lead spacing caps up to 12.5 mm in diameter are supported. The center common lead has a trace connecting it to one of the mounting holes, making it convenient to tie to chassis ground; if you don’t want the common tied to ground, you will need to either cut out a large section of the connecting trace, or use plastic stand-offs. The spacer board sits between the new caps and mounting board and adds clearance between the turrets and cans of the caps. The optional turrets provide robust terminals for wires and other components to attach to when installing.
If you use a positive-common configuration, be wary that the cans of electrolytic caps are often tied to the negative lead (cathode), but not always. Thus, voltages may exist between the cans depending on the circuit, so space them apart as needed.
Based on IPC-2221B guidelines, this board is not to be used in circuits that may see peak voltages above 450 V assuming a typical negative-common configuration.
- Board material: FR-4 Kingboard TG150
- Board finish: HASL (lead-free solder), green solder mask
- Copper thickness: 2 oz.
- Screw hole spacing: 37.79mm center-to-center
- Screw hole size: 3.8mm (#6-32 fits slightly loose to allow adjustment)
- Wiring/turret hole size: 2.4mm
- Width: 47.59mm
- Length: 34.14mm
- Board thickness: 1.6mm
- Height from surface of mounting board to top of a turret: 7mm
- Max capacitor diameter: 12.5mm
- Capacitor lead spacing: 5mm and 7.5mm
- Insulator board diameter: 29mm
- Insulator board thickness: 2mm
- Insulator board hole size: 4.2mm for turrets, 2.6mm for capacitor leads
- Diameter of turret’s hole: 1.63mm
If you are interested, please contact us.